Don’t ever let video driver errors stop you from watching movies and playing games on your PC. While it might seem intimidating to fix video driver errors, you can actually resolve these problems quickly if you follow a simple protocol.
Where do Video Driver Errors Come From?
The majority of video driver errors occur as a result of old drivers. First, however, it’s important to check your monitor’s settings to make sure that you’re not dealing with bad monitor calibration.
Let’s say your monitor is flickering all of the time. The problem is usually related to your monitor’s refresh rate. Did you know it’s actually quite simple to fix this problem? Here’s how:
- Click “Start.”
- Go to the “Control Panel.”
- Select “Appearance and Personalization.”
- Click on “Personalization.”
- Then, click “Display Settings.”
- Next, go to “Advanced Settings.”
- Select the tab labeled “Monitor.” Adjust the refresh rate so that the monitor refreshes at a faster rate. Once you’re finished, click Apply.
This might help you fix your monitor flicker problem. But let’s say you’re dealing with other display issues, such as an inability to render graphics in video games.
It’s Simple to Update Drivers
In this case, you can use Windows Update to automatically locate updates for your video drivers. It’s actually fairly easy to use Windows Update. Follow these steps:
- Click “Start.”
- Click on “All Programs.”
- Click “Windows Update.”
- Click “Check for Updates.”
- Select “View available updates.” You’ll see all of the video drivers available for your machine.
- When prompted, click “Install.”
This is a great way to have automatic updates apply to your video driver settings. Sometimes, however, Windows Update won’t work. That’s why it’s very smart to actually utilize dedicated driver software programs to detect and install new drivers.
The Benefits of Driver Software
Only reputable driver software programs are adept at scanning your system for necessary updates and then installing them. Download a driver update program and install it, and as long as you find the right software, you’ll destroy all of your video driver errors and enjoy great video on your machine.