There’s an extremely high demand for Intel drivers, simply because Intel manufactures such a wide variety of computing products. From desktop motherboards to Ethernet components to graphics cards, Intel has its hand in multiple pies. Now, it’s especially useful to know how to update Intel drivers as quickly as possible, simply because you might be dealing with a broken motherboard if you don’t fix Intel drivers.
The result is the “blue screen of death”, or simply, a computer that won’t accomplish any tasks. Here’s how to identify and fix problems related to Intel drivers.
Can Windows Update Fix Your Intel Drivers?
Unfortunately, it’s quite difficult to download all of the necessary Intel drivers by using Windows Update. Windows Update actually will only download a few of the chipset drivers you need, which means you have to visit Intel’s support site to find the right drivers.
Going Straight to the Source: Intel’s Website for Updated Drivers
- The first thing you should do is click on the “Support” link at the upper right corner of Intel’s site. This will take you to another page, where you need to select “Browse for Drivers or Software.”
- Then, enter in your chipset or other Intel product model within the search box, and click “Search downloads.” A laundry list of drivers will appear in the screen that comes up.
- Scan these results to figure out which ones are compatible with your operating system and system requirements.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, you will need to right-click the file and then click “Properties.”
- Select the tab labeled “Compatibility.”Check the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and then select your operating system.
- Next, make a shortcut by right-clicking the file and selecting “Create Shortcut.” Add “-overall” to the end of the Target.
- Finally, go back to your file and double-click it. This will start the installation process. You might have to restart after you install the drivers.
Driver Update Software Can Fix Your Intel Drivers
If you still have trouble, all you need to do is download the appropriate driver update program. Driver update software will accomplish all of the above steps for you. It’s a good idea to try driver update software if you want to fix Intel driver issues.