Buying an HP printer is not enough to produce high quality images or pictures. You also need to install or update the HP printer drivers to ensure that your printer is working properly.
How will I know if I need to update the driver?
- If you have purchased a new HP printer, then you will need to install the new driver or update the old ones present on your PC.
- If you notice that the printing on the pages are incomplete, chances are that your driver needs to be updated to the latest version.
- If characters are missing in the printed matter, then most likely the printer driver is outdated and you will need to update the same.
- If you feel that the HP printer is not working as efficiently as it used to earlier, then it is the indication that the driver needs to be updated to the latest version.
How to Carry out the Installation or Update Process
It is important that you install the latest and most compatible version of HP printer drivers if you want to gain the maximum performance out of your HP product. If you are purchasing a new printer, then most often you will be provided with a CD or DVD from the manufacturer containing the software and drivers that can be installed onto your system.
HP printer drivers can either be installed using the CD that is obtained during the time of purchase or by updating the old version of driver already present in your PC. This is extremely important to gain the best performance and high quality images from your HP printer.
But if you have an old version installed in your PC which needs to be updated, then follow the given steps to perform your update automatically;
- Download DriverBoost for free and install this first on your PC
- Click the ‘Scan now’ option for checking out the printer driver
- Check the results that are displayed
- A cross (x) mark near any driver indicates that the particular driver needs to be updated
At this point, all you have to do is go find the driver on the manufacturer’s site that is listed. If this seems like a lot of hassle, you can purchase the software and let us do it for you:
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to download the latest version of the HP printer drivers
- Once download is complete, install the same by following the instructions given on the screen.
However you decide to update HP printer drivers, we wish you luck and hope that you can get on with your day and have a well-running computer.