How to Update Drivers for Your Logitech Peripherals
Logitech makes a wide variety of products–from keyboards to trackballs, from surround sound speakers to ClearChat USB headsets. It is possible for these peripheral devices to give up the ghost on occasion. But if you are having issues, it is more than likely a driver issue.
Logitech Drivers and Your Peripheral Devices
Drivers are little bits of coding that allow your devices to talk to Windows, and thus perform their function.
For example, if you have any of the Logitech gaming keyboards, you have a whole lot of functions that you wouldn’t have access to without gaming keyboard drivers. You would still be able to type, but all the reasons you bought the keyboard are pretty null and void unless you just wanted a keyboard that had keys where the letters and numbers glow in the dark.
If you are using a trackball, then you need drivers to tell the device how to point properly. Unlike most mice, a trackball’s drivers aren’t built into Windows. Without drivers, your computer wouldn’t know what to do with these peripherals.
The cause of driver problems is they can get corrupted or out-of-date. If you’ve recently been infected with a virus or malware, then it’s highly likely your drivers have been corrupted. If not, then your drivers are probably out of date.
How do drivers get out of date? Well when Windows updates, sometimes it updates the programming language that Windows uses. This can cause drivers to become out-of-date. Also installing new programs that require a newer version of your driver can cause driver errors. The fix for this is to update your Logitech drivers.
How to Update Your Logitech Drivers
First you need to find your product, then download the drivers, and then install the drivers. We may have just made it sound much simpler than it actually is, but it’s also not that hard. Let’s walk you through it now.
- Go to http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads.
- Choose the type of peripheral that you need: be it headset, audio, keyboard, gaming, etc. Click on the blue link under the picture to get to that page.
- Find your product from those pictured.
- Click on the blue link under the picture.
- Click where it says “Downloads”.
- In the “Choose OS” window, select the version of Windows your computer is running.
- Then you may be asked to select the software.
- Then select the file. By this it means the 32 bit or the 64 bit. You have to know which version of Windows you are running to answer this question.
- Then it will pull up a Download Software button and tell you all the things they’ve updated in this driver update. Click on Download Software.
- Save the file to a location where you can find it in a moment.
- Once the file is completely downloaded, go to where you saved the file and double click on the file. It will automatically update your Logitech drivers for you.
An Easier Way to Update Logitech Drivers
There is an easier way to go about updating your Logitech drivers. There is this software called driver update software that will monitor your drivers for any signs of corruption or if they become out of date. Then it will go online and download the latest drivers, updating your drivers for you. All with a few clicks of the mouse. A hassle free driver update.