As time goes by, you may find yourself dealing with driver errors. When you try to use programs such as Netflix or video games, a driver error could occur, ranging from black screens to no sound in programs to “Device not recognized” errors. The way to fix these errors is to update your Acer Aspire drivers as they have become out of date or corrupted.
Which Drivers Do You Need to Update?
It really depends on the errors you are getting to figure out the driver you need to update. No sound errors need sound drivers, video driver errors need video drivers, “Device not recognized” errors need USB drivers. To find out exactly which drivers you need, you need to go to Device Manager. To get to Device Manager, follow these steps:
- Go to Start
- In the Search box type in “Device Manager”
- Press Enter
In Device Manager, find the device and write down the make and model of the device.
How to Manually Update Acer Aspire Drivers
Now we want to go to Acer’s website and download the drivers for your device. We’ll make it easy by walking you through it step by step:
- Go to http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx
- Select the kind of computer you have from “Select Your Product”
- Select Aspire from the list
- Select your model Aspire from the list
- Click on your Aspire
- On the list of drivers, find your device and download the driver. If you have multiple choices, there is a utility you can download and install there on the page that will help you find the right driver. Make sure to save the driver in a place you will remember how to get to.
Now that you have downloaded the drivers, you want to install the drivers. That takes a little more doing. Follow these steps to update your drivers.
- Right click on your Desktop and go to “New”
- Go to “Folder”
- Title the folder “Drivers”
- Now go to where you saved the drivers and double click. This should open it, and give you an extract option.
- You want to select “Extract to” and give it the location of the Driver folder you just created to extract to
- Now we want to go back into Device Manager
- Go back to the device we downloaded the drivers for and double click
- Go to the “Drivers” tab
- Click the “Update driver” button
- “Browse” to the “Driver” folder where you extracted the drivers to and “Update” drivers from there
Now Let’s Try the Easy Way to Update Acer Aspire Drivers
Then there is the easy way to update your Acer Aspire drivers. With just a few clicks of the mouse, you could have a program search your computer for corrupted or out-of-date drivers, search the Web for up-to-date drivers, download the up-to-date drivers, and then update the drivers for you. This software is called driver update software, and it’s completely hassle free driver updating.